Environmental Scientist/Erosion and Sediment Control
Profile Products delivers proven solutions for many different environments with an unyielding commitment toward being friendly to the environment. From erosion control and vegetative establishment to sports field conditioning and golf course construction and maintenance, Profile provides knowledgeable people, purpose-driven products and groundbreaking technology.
Profile utilizes its Green Design Engineering™ approach to create cost-effective and earth-friendly erosion control solutions. We bring proven products, breakthrough technology and unparalleled expertise on-site to deliver superior erosion control through faster and denser vegetation establishment, enabling our customers to achieve greater project success.
Profile Soil Solutions Software (PS³) is the industry's only resource that integrates the major erosion and sediment control disciplines. PS³ is a comprehensive source for designing and selecting the right products to address the physical and chemical properties of soil and site characteristics. Through PS³ users develop holistic, sustainable solutions for cost-effective erosion control, vegetation establishment and subsequent reductions in sediment and other pollutants from leaving disturbed sites and entering water bodies. PS³ addresses "The Five Fundamentals" for critical design considerations for immediate and long-term vegetation: soils, species selection, erosion and sediment control material selection, installation, as well as inspection and maintenance.
We are looking for an Environmental Scientist / Erosion and Sediment Control professional to serve as an integral member of our Technical Services team. Primary duties include assisting in site specific recommendations that generate increased demand and sales for Profile's erosion and sediment control and related products. As the industry leader, we strive to provide rapid and comprehensive technical support, both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be an individual with good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Manage Profile Solutions Software (PS³) online design program on a daily basis including internal communications and customer responses to soil tests and technical recommendations
- Act as first point of contact and technical lead to our sales force and its customer base for most technical information needs
- Develop and deliver project specific solutions using Profile products to improve soils and control erosion in both the domestic and international markets.
- Pursue client consultation opportunities presented through our comprehensive soil testing program
- Act as a technical liaison for quality related customer complaints
- Manage scope and metric for Profile's Lunch and Learn, industry events and other specific education related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in soil science, agronomy, environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, land reclamation, or similar natural science degree
- P.E., CESSWI, CISEC, and/or CPESC certifications a plus
- 3-7 years of combined field and industry experience
- Experience in erosion and sediment control or related fields highly desirable, soil/plant nutrient planning and management and knowledge of agronomic and soil sciences also desirable
- Candidate must reside a within reasonable proximity to our Buffalo Grove, Illinois corporate office location (northern Chicago suburb). Relocation assistance may be available.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills a must
Benefits along with compensation package include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401 K
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short/Long Term Disability
Please submit your interest by completing our online form available at profileevs.com/about-profile/careers