Green Design Engineering Technologies
Technologies for natural solutions.
Profile® utilizes Green Design Engineering™ to provide reliable, sustainable solutions for an expanding range of sites, including slopes, channels, shorelines, water management projects, highways, pipelines, waste containment sites, fine turf areas and other environmentally sensitive sites. In fact, Green Design Engineering has taken erosion control to a whole new level. Reinforced vegetation can now handle nearly 3 times the velocity and up to 5 times the shear stresses of natural turf—sites that were once the sole domain of hard armor. Green Design Engineering technologies contribute to today’s most effective, cost-efficient and earth-friendly erosion control solutions:
- The GreenArmor™ System is the most reliable vegetated alternative to hard armor.
- Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™) sets the highest standards of erosion control and vegetation establishment of any advanced hydraulic matrix.
- ProMatrix™ Engineered Fiber Matrix (EFM) is the highest-loading formulation with BFM performance and competitive price.
- Patent-pending ProGanics™ Biotic Soil Media™ (BSM™) has been designed as a topsoil alternative that accelerates the development of depleted soils/substrates with low organic matter, low nutrient levels and limited biological activity.
- Hydro-Blanket® Bonded Fiber Matrix (BFM) provides a superior, safer, 100% biodegradable alternative to erosion control blankets.
- Terra-Matrix™ Stabilized Mulch Matrix (SMM) offers cost-effective stabilization on active construction sites.
- Patent-pending ProGanics™ Biotic Soil Media™ (BSM™) has been designed as a topsoil alternative that accelerates the development of depleted soil/substrates with low organic matter, low nutrient levels and limited biological activity.
- Conwed Fibers®, Terra-Mulch®, SoilCover™, Eco-Solutions™, Hydro-Spray® and HydroCover™ are the industry’s leading brands of 100% recycled wood fiber, blended and cellulose hydraulic mulches.
- A broad array of ProPlus® Hydro Mulching Solutions that include naturally derived tackifiers, biopolymers and other earth-friendly additives to enhance erosion control performance.
- Advanced ProPlus Prescriptive Agronomic Formulations (PAFs) optimize vegetation establishment with proven soil neutralizers, biostimulants and other natural soil amendments.
- Our products are non-toxic, passing EPA ecotoxicity testing protocol to prove they have no dangerous chemicals, heavy metals or residues that can threaten aquatic and terrestrial life.
- Every Profile® product containing Thermally Refined® wood fibers is phyto-sanitized, removing potential pathogens and weed contaminants.
- All hydraulic mulch fibers and tackifiers are safe and biodegradable, eliminating the introduction of foreign and potentially hazardous materials into the environment. Standard rolled erosion control blankets can introduce over 170 pounds of plastic netting per acre into the environment—proving to be very dangerous to terrestrial and aquatic life.