Solutions to control erosion and reduce Foreign Object Debris (FOD).
Having consulted with designers, engineers, managers and contractors on countless airport projects worldwide, Profile Products has the experience and expertise to help you achieve:
- Safe and proven cover system to reduce foreign object debris
- Greater safety and assurance of regulatory compliance using environmentally friendly technologies
- Ability to control erosion and establish vegetation correctly the first time with one-and-done techniques
- Reduction in the number of bird counts and potential for bird strikes
- Ability to deliver a long-term solution with minimal disruption during installation
Hydroseeding is the fastest, most economical way to stabilize soil and apply grass seed or sprigs at the same time. Hydraulically applied Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™) is absolutely the best erosion control product available for airport projects:
- Effectively withstands jet blast and raindrop energy long term
- Immediately effective upon application—no cure time required
- Superior erosion control—99.98% effective for near-perfect performance
- Excellent functional longevity that lasts through grow-in
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed cost than rolled blankets
- Promotes faster germination and sustainable vegetation establishment
Extreme Slopes and Waterways
Flexible Growth Medium™ (FGM™) have functional longevities of greater than 12 months, and are commonly used to stabilize steep closes (<1H:1V), long slogs, rough slopes, highly erosive soils, and when rainfall is expected within 48 hours of application. The ultimate performer is Flexterra High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium (HP-FGM). This product is also appropriate for extremely dry conditions. The GreenArmor™ System offers an environmentally superior way to protect high-discharge waterways and steep slopes, and can replace more expensive rock or concrete for areas of concentrated flow. It starts with Futerra® TRM and includes Flexterra HP-FGM infill.
Soil testing, interpretation of the test results, and incorporating remedies to improve soils should be a fundamental part of any reclamation or revegetation project. Without a proper understanding of soils or substrates considered for use as growing media to establish vegetation, you can’t predict potential project success. Profile Soil Solutions Software (PS3) provides access to conduct Free Soil Tests along with directions on proper soil collection for testing. PS3 also assists in the interpretation of the soil test and offers prescriptive application rates of various agronomic formulations based on key soil properties such as texture, classification, pH, nutrient levels, organic matter content, electroconductivity, sodium absorption ratio and potentially elevated levels of harmful salts and metals. Patent-pending ProGanics™ Biotic Soil Media™ (BSM™) has been designed as a cost-effective topsoil alternative that accelerates the development of depleted soils/substrates with low organic matter, low nutrient levels and limited biological activity.