Letter to Profile Network Announcing Environmental Initiatives
To Our Distributor Network,
Profile® has always been committed to preserving and protecting the environment through multiple initiatives. This passion has pushed our team to find effective solutions and the best management practices that emphasize environmental stewardship. Now, we want to take that commitment even further.
Profile Products Strengthens Commitment to the Environment
Over the years, Profile’s products have sequestered more than 100 million tons of carbon thanks to our revegetation efforts.The company has also:
- Recycled more than 3.5 billion pounds of wood and paper, removing it from the waste stream and creating products that productively return it to the natural environment
- Prevented more than 125 million tons of sediment from entering waterways
- Helped restore more than 1.5 million acres of land
Download the scorecard that outlines these achievements. When our new manufacturing facility opens in Conover, North Carolina later this year, we’ll be able to further build upon those numbers.
We are very proud of these accomplishments, but we can do more. We are now looking to identify ways to make additional environmentally friendly changes in our production:
- Profile’s Erosion and Vegetative Solutions business literature already uses Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified papers and environmentally friendly inks
- We are already converting packaging for all our product lines to include recycled content, so what’s around our products matches the environmental standards of what’s inside them, while still delivering the necessary durability and protection
- We are also early in the process of incorporating low/no Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) inks and advanced biodegradation capabilities into our packaging
Partners like you are instrumental in helping us continually improve our environmental stewardship. As a company dedicated to delivering Solutions for your Environment™, we are committed to further educating and working with customers and vendors to select, produce and deliver the highest-performing products that emphasize environmental protection.
- Once our new research and training facilities in Conover are complete, we will be inviting you, specifiers, engineers, architects and contractors to study and develop the future of erosion control with an emphasis on earth-friendly solutions to restore vegetation and prevent sediment from entering our precious waterways
- Profile hosts more than 600 Lunch & Learn seminars a year, impacting more than 10,000 engineers, specifiers and agencies
- We already partner with several freight providers who emphasize efficiency and decreased carbon dioxide emissions by optimizing inbound and outbound shipments to decrease empty miles for drivers and by converting loads from over-the-road truckload to intermodal which ultimately doubles the efficiency per truckload with reduced carbon emissions
- These partners also focus on using biofuels, trailer skirts and flow belows to improve aerodynamics, solar-powered tracking units and idle reduction tactics. As a result, they receive recognition from the government and industry groups for their work to ensure a sustainable supply chain with operations that are environmentally friendly. One Profile freight partner, for example, has won the Smartway Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) every year since its first issuance in 2008
- Many of our freight partners also plan to purchase Tesla electric trucks when they become available
We have big goals and big plans already in place. But it doesn’t stop here. As we begin to roll out these changes, we are committed to continuing to find ways we can improve the environment through our products and limiting our footprint in our production.
We know we cannot accomplish these initiatives alone. If each of us looks at improving the sustainability of our operations, we can make a real difference. We take pride in caring for the environment and we hope you do, too. Please help us in our mission of giving the earth a chance through the use of ecofriendly erosion control, soil amendments and sports field products. If you have any ecofriendly suggestions, please reach out to Profile Sr. Marketing Manager Adam Dibble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President and CEO
For more information, please contact Jenna Jaynes, Swanson Russell,